Cholera Outbreak In Borno: 44 Dead So Far, 2000 Cases Recorded
The number of persons that have been killed by a fresh cholera outbreak in Borno State has risen to 44. Commissioner for Health in the state, Dr. Haruna Mshelia, who made the disclosure on Friday while addressing journalists, said that to combat the disease and prevent future outbreak, vaccination would immediately commence in the four local government areas worst affected.
He said that the vaccination was to ensure the disease did not spread to other areas of the state after nearly 2,000 cases were reported in the last two weeks. The early record of hose who died was put at 23.
Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article